Position: Commercial Lines Account Executive
Location: Williston, VT
FLSA Job Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Property & Casualty Insurance – To service existing accounts and to develop new business accounts in accordance with the objectives and procedures outlined by the Sales Manager.
- Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections.
- Actively generate new leads through community activities, attending association meetings, cold calling and other valuable sources including referrals. Obtain expiration dates and other information to turn leads into prospects and clients.
- Learn and understand a client’s business and advise the client on their insurance needs, possible risks and understand their expectations.
- Submit data; including applications and renewals information to support personnel for processing; interface with marketing personnel and customer service assistants by keeping them informed.
- Responsible for thoroughly checking and verifying the policy prior to delivery to the Insured.
- Present proposals to prospects and clients, close sale and deliver policies.
- Handle complex insurance situations with client and/or company personnel.
- Promote cross selling by referring personal lines and employee benefit leads to appropriate peer sales agent.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meeting.
- Strict adherence to the internal Quality Control Program.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade journals and by attending industry training on new products.
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the agency Sales Manager.
- Promote the agency and insurance industry in the community.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- College degree preferred.
- Willing and able to travel extensively.
- Demonstrate skills of persuasion, a high degree of self-discipline and motivation.
- Strong respect for confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Successful sales record in the insurance industry preferred but not required.
- Holds or are willing to obtain the required and appropriate Producer license(s).
- Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Be a team player.